We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. For motivated pupils and students looking forward to starting a career in science, we offer various internships throughout the year.
Unsolicited application for (summer) internships
- Our focus lies on applied research. Our customers entrust us with research infrastructure projects and rely on our expertise to develop innovative solutions for digitalisation and carbonization.
- We work in national and international projects on highly innovative technology topics.
- We offer our motivated interdisciplinary teams and multicultural colleagues first-class research infrastructure and state-of-the-art laboratories.
- Depending on your previous knowledge or interests, you will support our teams in various activities within the framework of our research projects or in the Support Unit (e.g. administration, controlling, legal).
- You will find out more about our processes and get an insight about the latest technologies
- You will have the opportunity to put your knowledge (for the first time) into practice.
- You will get to know the working environment in the applied research field.
- You will support our scientists in their research projects and will understand what a positive impact they can make while developing new solutions for improving our everyday life.
You will have the opportunity to talk to our experts about the latest technological developments.
- You are attending school, or you are enrolled at a university/university of applied sciences or similar
- You express a big interest for new technologies and applied research
- High commitment, self-motivation and the ability to work both in team or independently
- Good German and/or excellent English (both in spoken and written)
What to expect:
The duration of the internship may vary between 1 to 6 months; the amount of the remuneration depends on the level of your education (pupils EUR gross 795,-- or students EUR gross 1,133,- per month, for full-time).
At AIT, the promotion of young female scientists is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students.
Applications for internships outside the summer holidays (e.g. compulsory FH internship, study-free time) are accepted year round.
The application time for a summer internship is the period from January to March (at the latest) - you can expect feedback by the end of March.
We look forward to your application consisting of a letter of motivation with information on why you would like to do your internship at AIT and what interests you in particular at AIT, as well as your CV.