We are Austria’s largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna:
Research Engineer (m/f/d) High-Performance Vision Systems
- Our Competence Unit High-Performance Vision Systems (HVS) has been active in research for industrial inspection and quality assurance for more than 20 years, which makes us a technology leader in this area.
- We develop ultrafast line scan sensors and cameras, we design scalable embedded vision systems and apply machine learning methods (for e.g. deep learning) to conduct high-performance visual quality inspections of products in manufacturing plants and production processes.
- To develop the best 2D or 3D image processing systems, the interplay between state-of the art hardware and software solutions is required. Therefore, additional knowledge in machine vision algorithms, high performance and high concurrency systems, application of neural networks, computation speed-up, networking protocols, distributed and embedded systems is important.
- You will apply your C++ and Python skills in order to develop innovative methods and algorithms for acquiring, processing and analyzing images.
- You will connect hardware and software in real-time vision applications.
- You will develop vision applications and building blocks that perform successfully in industrial production environments.
- You will adopt continuous integration and test-driven development into our agile team work.
- You are partnering with colleagues in science projects, to bring ideas to life.
- You will have the opportunity to work on real-world problems from our industrial customers and partners within national and international research projects.
- You become part of our multidisciplinary, international team and will work with specialists in: 2D- and 3D-Vision, AI, FPGA and electronics, CUDA, high speed computing, inspection systems, robot vision and more.
- You will advance your skills by participating in our hacking week, by taking on responsibilities of a project manager, scrum master or senior engineer, by visiting conferences and starting your own science project.
- Completed technical studies in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering, physics or other related fields
- Experience in computer vision or image processing, especially in the design of complex algorithms
- Excellent knowledge of mathematical methods, especially numerical methods
- Very good knowledge of the programming languages Python, C, C++ and MATLAB.
- Knowledge of image acquisition techniques, optics, computer architectures and parallel processing is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility and commitment
- Very good English knowledge, both in spoken and written, German knowledge is an advantage.
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online.